(Self-improving and self-refining )接上页博讯www.peacehall.com
421. In approaching anything, we should take things as they are, associate with others by following the predestined relations, act in accordance with our nature, and take advantage of the opportunities as they arise—this is the way of nature. We should take things as they are, and shall not impose high standards for the environment; We should associate with others by following the predestined relations, and shall not escape from the good and bad predestined relations; we should act in accordance with our nature, and shall not restrain and restrict anyone’s natural character; We should take advantage of opportunity as they arise and shall neither reach for what is beyond our grasp nor miss the good opportunity.
422. People whose individualities are in less conflict with commonness are more pleasant and happier, have calmer mood, and are easier to succeed in cultivating the Way of celestial being and the Way of Buddha. People whose individualities are in greater conflict with commonness may end in monsters, demons, and goblins, and devils and ghosts.
423. When in adversity, do not halt your steps of progress and harbor resentment, anger, and complaints.
424. When conducting self-improving and self refining, you should combine values with practice. Values divorced from practice are only clichés, idle theorizing, and self-deception. No matter how long we have engaged in self-improving or self-refining, and no matter how many profound principles we have understood, if values are not practically applied in our daily lives, they are all useless empty talks for flaunting and swindling purposes.
425. No matter what we do, we should do a good job once we have started it. We should complete the job without leaving any thing unfinished. We should not perform our duty in a perfunctory manner, we should not harbor the mentality of “almost finished” and we should not adopt a fudging attitude. We should try to fully exert our talents in everything we do.
426. The more ordered we are, the more efficient and healthy we will be. The more ordered we are, the more leisure time and entertainment time we will have. Therefore we must ensure order in consciousness, plan, work, division of labor, daily life, diet, entertainment, and advancement and retreat. In this way, we can cut down many useless actions on our path of life and LIFE.
427. There is always a way out. The two poles are transferrable. Things will develop in the opposite direction when they become extreme. Put yourself in desperate situation and you will fight with all your might for victory. Putting yourself in desperate situation may involve heart-rending anguishes, but the nirvana of phoenix will have to undergo the baptism of fire, otherwise there would be no chances for thorough remoulding, and you may still be a mortal. Without death, there would be no birth, and death and birth share the same root. If the mortal mind does not die, how can the immortal mind come into being? If the predestined worldly relations do not perish, how can the relations with immortals be formed? If the human LIFE does not come to an end, how can the immortal life begin? If the traditional family does not disappear, how can the second home come into being?
428. The more self-cultivation you conduct, the more flexible, sensitive and efficient you should be. You should be quick in response to anything. You cultivation should not render you more and more rigid, numb, and retard.
429. Enlightenment is a great learning of life and LIFE. Enlightenment relies on spiritual perception. Enlightenment requires that we be practical and realistic, that we stick to scientific approach and remain logical. Enlightenment requires us to ponder deeply. Enlightenment requires us to understand 20 parallel worlds and 36-dimensional space. Enlightenment requires us to understand the implications of time and space. Enlightenment requires us to understand the origin of the universe, LIFE and mankind. Enlightenment involves the understanding of man’s position in the universe and the purpose, value, and significance of life. Enlightenment involves the understanding of the meaning of LIFE and the scientific theory of reincarnation.
430. The life span of a person might be curtailed if he is too concentrated on his worldly thought, forgetting about food and sleep and seeking quick success and instant benefit, if he is too fervid in sentiment and moody in temper. On the contrary, he can prolong his life and transcend over time if he can calm his mind, stop his desire, manage his mind, have a mind of integrity, keep an open mind, have a sedated mind, maintain a pure mind, do what you want to do so as you have a peaceful mind, take an indifferent attitude to fame and gain, and live an extraordinary life with a calm mind.
431. The purpose of self-improving and self-refining is to get away from the abyss of misery and reach the other shore, namely, to break away from the fetters of the realm of necessity and reach the realm of freedom. To be more specific, the purpose is to walk out of the human world and proceed toward the paradise.
432. Self-improving involves your effort on every action and word. Self-refining requires your energy on every idea and thought. As long as you persevere and accumulate your effort, you will come to success naturally when all the required efforts are made. To attain the spiritual state of an immortal, you cannot rely on any shortcut and any secret skills, all you have to do is spend all your effort and energy on each of your words, actions, ideas and thoughts.
433. Say what is related to you, do your own work, cultivate yourself, follow your own path. Do not attempt to manage and guide others, do not concern yourself with others’ affairs, and do not mind others’ businesses.
434. The compendium for self-improving and self-refining is that I would rather others owe me the debt than I owe them the debt, and that I do not contrive to obtain any small advantages, and that I shall expend more and harvest less. In this way, we can not only repay the debt but also accumulate wealth in heaven.
435. The places closer to you actually involve a longer journey; the simplest tone requires the toughest training.
436. The preliminary self-improving and self-refining is comparable to the spinning of cocoons, the intermediate to the conception of new life in the cocoon, and the advanced to the braking of the cocoon and the ascending to heaven and becoming an immortal.
437. The eight cultivations and refining of mind: calm your mind, stop your desire, manage your mind, have a mind of integrity, keep an open mind, have a sedated mind, maintain a pure mind, and do what you want to do so as you have a peaceful mind.
438. The best way of self-refining: Increase your understanding, transform your thinking, perfect your consciousness, and sublime the nonmaterial structure of life. The best way of self-improving: Participate in the activities to initiate the age of Lifechanyuan for mankind.
439. Of all the ways of self-improving and self-refining, the self-improving and self-refining of love is the core content of the sublimation of the life quality, and the most direct way.
440. The advanced self-improving and self-refining and health preservation shall mainly begin with music, visualization and thought.
441. The symbol of perfect nonmaterial structure of life:
(1). The complete exhibition of natural character and the complete lack of shameful feeling in action and words;
(2). All grasses and trees are friends, and do not cause harm to insects and birds;
(3). Innocence, simplicity, and childlike purity, and good at games and entertainment;
(4). Have no worries wherever in the world, and all people come into contact with and love are friends and relatives;
(5). Own nothing and occupy nothing, and have no jealousy and do not compare with others;
(6). Be healthy, positive and optimistic, without the slightest passive and pessimistic feelings;