Toronto International Conference on
Global Support for Democratization in China and Asia
盛雪：籌委會主席 SHENG Xue: Chair of the Organizing Committee
Tel. 1-416-840-2872, 1-416-568-0466; Email: [email protected]
Aug 18, 2013
The 6th International Conference on Global Support for Democratization in China and Asia - “Together We Lead the Change“ - will be held October 19-21, 2013 in Toronto, Canada. This conference is organized by the Forum for a Democratic China and Asia (FDCA), and with Federation for a Democratic China, The Princeton China Initiative, Citizen Power For China, Canadian Tibetan Association of Ontario,Uyghur Canadian Society, China Rights Network , One Free World International, Platform of European Memory and Conscience and The Council for Human Rights in North Korea etc. as co-organizers.
The main purpose of the conference is to bring together peoples from diverse backgrounds, to discuss plans for cooperation and to develop strategies for democratization in China and Asia.
The topics of the Toronto Conference include:
1. China in Transition: Conflict and Turmoil, Reform or Revolution
2. Universality through Diversity: Lessons from Canada's Social Harmony
3. The European experience; successes and failures
4. Promoting Democracy in China: the role of western governments
5. The Forefront: Special Roles of Taiwan, HK and Macao in the Democratization
6. Ethnic Relations: Reconciliation through Cultural Rights and Self-determination
7. The Quest for Social Justice: Freedom and the Rule of Law
8. Civil Society: Change from the bottom up
9. China’s Threat: Aggression and Soft Power around the World
10. Democratic Reform in Asia: China’s Influence
11. Cyber War: The Battle between Liberty and Tyranny
It is our honor to invite you to attend the conference, as you are a well known and respected figure in the movement of Global Support for Democratization in China and Asia.
The conference will provide the accommodation and meals for attendees during the meeting. The attendees should cover their own expences for travel to Toronto and return. The registration fee for the conference will be 200 Canadian dollars. Local participants only pay 100 Canadian dollars registration fee.
The date of conference: Oct.19 - 21, 2013
The date of registration: Oct. 18, 2013.
Address of registration and the conference：
BEST WESTERN Parkway Hotel
600 Hwy 7 Eest
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 1B2
Enrolment and Inquiry: [email protected]
We are looking forward to meeting you at the Conference.
With best regards,
Dr. Klaus Rose
Chairman of the Forum for a Democratic China and Asia (FDCA)
Ms. Sheng Xue
Member of the Head Committee of the Forum for a Democratic China and Asia (FDCA)
Chair of the Organizing Committee of the Conference
Mr. Fei Liangyong
Director of the Forum for a Democratic China and Asia (FDCA)