Deliver the Junta of Burma to the International Criminal Court |
--Requested to UNPO & International Community by International Burmese Monks Organisation & NCUB/MPU--
Two weeks after Cyclone Nargis destroyed South-Burma, Burmese people have faced one critical crisis after another.
Due to the man-made disaster caused by the Burmese ruling generals,
* over 78,000 Burmese have died,
* more than 300,000 is missing,
* over 2.5 million is homeless ,without drink water and food.
* thousands and thousands of people are now at risk of dying.
Because the ruling generals do not want to help the suffering people nor allow the people to be helped , limitted food aid so far amounts merely to about 10% of what the suffering people need.
If more aid does not enter Burma quickly, Burmese people will meet nationwide hunger and an outbreak of infectious diseases too.
Therefore, we urge UNPO and the international community :
1.Convince the United Nations to get unrestricted AID into Burma immediately.
2. Ask the U N Security Council to react to the junta of Burma with much stronger diplomacy,force the generals to protect the people. That is responsibility of a government.
3. Support USA, Canada, European Union ,especially France, England, Germany, using “Responsibility to Protect” as the basis for international intervention in order to save the suffering Burmese people.
If the intervention is still blocked and if the Burmese generals still refuse international aid, the international governments and communities must take the strongest action to save the suffering Burmese people, even without the consent of Burmese junta and its alliance.
Otherwise thousands and thousands of suffering people will die needlessly.One day’s delay can cause the loss of several thousands of lives.
4.Stop the junta of Burma obstructing the local and international efforts and assistance.
Since 1962, the Burmese generals have waged the genocidal civil war against the ethnic nationalities, killed peaceful Burmese demonstrators, and now do not want to help the suffering people nor allow the people to be helped.
So, we request kindly UNPO and the international community:
Please help Burmese people to deliver the Burmese inhumane generals to the international criminal court for its
· GENOCIDAL WAR
· THE CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY
· LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY OF PROTECTING THE PEOPLE
( NCUB-MPU UNPO 17-05-2008 in EU Brussels)